In what has become a Ruralite tradition, we invite you, our readers, to share your most beautiful, engaging and fun photos—all for the chance to appear in our 2021
As many as 13 winners will be selected. Each winner will receive $100.
Submissions are accepted until July 17, 2020.
The contest is open only to members of Ruralite and Currents utilities.
Each person may submit up to two photos. Each photo should include:
- Photographer’s name, address and electric utility.
- A short description of what is shown in the photo.
- An email address and telephone number where the photographer can be contacted.
- Only digital JPEG photos will be accepted. Photos must be horizontal or landscape format and at least 300 dpi at 11 inches wide by 9 inches tall. Vertical photos
and files larger than 20 megabytes will not be accepted.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with supporting information. Please put the words “2021 Calendar Photo Contest” in the subject line. Each person with a photo in the calendar will receive a photo credit and five copies of the calendar to share.
Let the fun begin
By entering the contest, you agree to give Ruralite one-time rights to publish your photo in the Ruralite calendar and to use it to promote the calendar contest in the future in print and social media.
- Use the highest resolution setting on your digital camera.
- Photograph beautiful places and wildlife. Selected photos will have dramatic colors or scenery.
- Photos should reflect the beauty of the areas where our Ruralite and Currents readers live.
- Submit photos that suggest a season or holiday.
- Just after sunrise and just before sunset are beautiful times to photograph.
- Make us laugh.
- I don’t have a computer, can I mail a CD/DVD/prints? No. With the volume of entries we receive the time it would take to go through loading or scanning files makes this impractical for us.
- Why is my email bouncing back to me? You may be trying to send too much information in one email. Emails larger than 15-20 megabytes may be rejected by your email server. You can send one photo per email, or you may need to use software to slightly lower the resolution of your file before you send it.
- My photos are too large to email, can I send a link to my online gallery? No. Only photos directly emailed will be considered. Entries containing links to online galleries will be ignored.
- I don’t have Photoshop, how do I adjust the file size? There are other applications that you can use, but explaining how to use them is outside our scope. It might be time to do some searching online.
- How do I make my files 300 ppi? You will need some photo editing software, such as Photoshop. The photos must be 300 dpi at approximately 9×11 in size.
- My photo is a vertical, can I enter it? No. All calendar images are run horizontal.
- I can’t decide which two photo to send, can I send more? No. The entry response has exceeded our expectations and we must limit each person to two submissions.
- I’m not sure my email with my entry went through, can I call or email to confirm? ? No, with the volume of entries, we are unable to personally respond to each query. If your email was received, you will receive an automated email in response.
- Can more than one person from the same household enter? Yes.
- Is there an age limit? No.
- Can I add an artistic signature to my photo? No. For consistency, each photo will be credited in our uniform style.
- Why didn’t my winning photo show up in my calendar? Some utilities produce their own calendar using photos other than the ones Ruralite provides through our contest.